Projects on My Plate

  • Veda's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Pencil Skirt
  • Pencil Skirt
  • Wardrobe re-do
  • Floral Skirt for Mommy
  • Breck's Bedding
  • Sienna and Veda's Bedding
  • Apron

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Re-fashioning

Okay, I don't know about you guys but, though fun, shopping can be a bit frusterating for me. I get ideas in my head of how I want an outfit to look, what exact outfit I would want (without ever actually seeing it somewhere), then of course, I can't find anything close to it, when I go shopping. So I decided to start making over clothes myself. This is the first of many more projects to come like this. It will be done by buying cheap clothes that have basic lines, or a basic shape that I am looking for, and I will be using extra pieces of fabric either from the same garmet, or from a duplicate that I buy.

This one was my first; very easy, and very pleased with the outcome.

I bought this shirt at Ross for 4 bucks.


Then I cut the entire turtle-neck off (to be used as my extra fabric).
I then cut 3 1 1/2 inch thick strips from the spread out turtle neck fabric, then folded and pinned them to the neckline in this pattern (if you're looking down at the edge of the strips)


I then just sewed one straight line through the middle, at the neckline, and voila!

4 comments:

Kelsee said...

Super cute!!! -Kelsee

Suzi Q said...

You know what's funny? I kept looking at your earrings over and over again thinking how familiar they looked! Funny! I've been trying this sort of thing lately too.

The How-To Gal said...

Oh my goodness, I bought this SAME shirt from Ross! I didn't try it on and when I got home I hated the collar. I am definitely going to do this to it!

The How-To Gal said...

So, my last comment was in October on how much I loved this refashion...and I FINALLY did it to my turtleneck! But I LOVE it...so it was worth waiting for :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin