Projects on My Plate

  • Veda's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Pencil Skirt
  • Pencil Skirt
  • Wardrobe re-do
  • Floral Skirt for Mommy
  • Breck's Bedding
  • Sienna and Veda's Bedding
  • Apron

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sienna's Christmas Dress

I tossed around the idea for awhile of making Sienna a Christmas dress, but never really made a sure plan to get things under way because I was a little intimidated about it for one, and for another, I didn't know if I'd have time. So I got her a little Christmas dress on clearance, and she wore it last Sunday, and I figured that was that. Well...no it wasn't. I figured I still had a good week before Christmas Sunday, and though her other dress is very cute, I still wanted to see if I could pull off the design I had in my head.

Part of what made me so intimidated was the fact that I have never actually sewn a real dress before, unless you count the little smocked dresses I made this summer, but that's totally not the same as a real, fancy, church dress.

The second thing that made me intimidated, is that I didn't have a pattern, because I of course had a specific design in mind... so I pretty much winged the whole thing.

In the end, I was pleased with how it turned out. It fits her well, though I probably won't post a picture of her in it until Sunday. I also learned a lot about sewing apparel, especially without a pattern, which will come in handy.

So here it is, the first (of many I'm sure) handmade Christmas Dress!



Oh, and another interesting tidbit about this dress - This was our Christmas table cloth from last year! It was in perfect condition except for a big stain on one end of it, and I loved it so much I didn't want it to go to waste...And it didn't! Don't worry, I used the non-stained end of it!

1 comment:

Kelsee said...

I had planned to make Zoe's dress this year until about the beginning of November when I looked at my list of gifts and said, "Um, when would I have time?" So we bought ours from Costco! Lol Kudos to you for doing it! -Kelsee

Blog Widget by LinkWithin