Projects on My Plate

  • Veda's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Pencil Skirt
  • Pencil Skirt
  • Wardrobe re-do
  • Floral Skirt for Mommy
  • Breck's Bedding
  • Sienna and Veda's Bedding
  • Apron

Monday, July 26, 2010

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

I recently threw a baby shower for my friend, Allison, who is having a baby boy in less than a month! It was a fun theme, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". The color scheme was a deep purple and light yellow, with silver accents. All of the food was on silver platters. Here are some pictures, and I'll explain some of the details as the pictures come up.


Here are the invites


Here is the main area

Here is the top of the piano -- the side table area. I used batting to resemble clouds

Side table. The CD player is playing a soft instrumental version of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"

The favors

The ice cubes - star shapes!

The main table - I always end up taking the picture when there's something left undone. This time, I have the big ol' gallon of milk sitting on the table. Argh. Oh, and you will NOT be seeing a close-up of the cake... talk about cake wreck!!! I had intended on giving it the "rough" look like plaster on a wall, but it ends up looking intentional and nice...well, i definitely got the rough look, but without the "looking nice" part. I ran out of time, and there wasn't much left I could do. Oh well, better luck next time right?

Milk and cookies sans milk, which as pictured earlier is sitting on the table unused. In the background are homemade star chips and salsa.

So I looked for weeks for star fruit in the store, but for some reason, as it usually happens, when you actually go looking for what you know you've seen over and over, it's nowhere to be found. But I improvised, and cut pineapple with a star cookie cutter.
 This was a fun and inexpensive shower to plan. I'm thinking about doing a post about throwing cheap showers and parties...at least things that I, personally do to save money while planning parties. So stay posted!

2 comments:

Kelsee said...

Super Cute!!!!! Well done! -Kelsee

Anonymous said...

Very cute, you are very creative!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin